...

Monday, June 28, 2010

How and Why?

How do you know your making the right decision? When we were younger our parents told us to do the right thing...but how do we be certain which path is correct?Lines that were previously clear cut now blur, each side much the same as the other. If they both have rivers to cross and hurdles to jump, how do we know which path will spit us out alive at the other end. How do we know we haven't chosen the wrong path, taking us away from our true destination. How do you struggle, needing to know which decision was right, when both end in tears, loss and permanent change. When both result in grief and hardship, which one does one choose. When the bridge behind you collapses and you must choose one way forward, where do you go?

Surely when you make a truly right decision, you shouldn't have major regrets? Every decision I have made is haunted with regrets and curiosity. "What if..." What if I had taken other decisions, where would I be now! Would I have any regrets? The older I get, the more I regret. Surely decisions shouldn't be this hard. And then it hits me...

Maybe the decisions aren't meant to be this hard, but maybe I made all the wrong ones...

How can a single human be this useless and depressing?
How can you be so worthless?
Why am I invisible?
Why is it my fault?
Why do I keep saying sorry?
Why am I not good enough for anyone?

Everything is always me

6 comments:

  1. i don't know what to say cuz im not in a awake mood, im half asleep so i'm leaving a random comment with no real meaning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not too good with giving advice, but here's a quote that I really really love:

    "This is failure. It's that moment when you realize that a choice you made, or something you did, has fully changed the course of your life. But what matters even more than this truth is what you choose to do once you know it. The tendency may be to curl up in the fetal position and wait for things to improve. But if you can somehow manage to take a deep breath and look around you, you might just spot another path you hadn't seen before. It may not be easy to walk, especially the beginning. But all that really matters is that it's there."

    I hope you're feeling better! Not everything is perfect all the time but things WILL get better, trust me. I know from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know the right decision until you'll make it. Then you'll sure know if it was right or wrong!

    sorry for the late reply!
    http://turquoise-butterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently,

    "nothing that is meant for you passes you by"

    In other words,we always make the right decision :) Don't worry. You're not invisible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that post was as deep as a well. Always look on the bright side of life..or something.

    And thanks for the tip on the thick hoodies, I'm gonna bring loads now. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is the greatest question of life... I don't think we'll ever know.
    But mistakes are made so that you realize what to do and what not to do. Every mistake affects who you choose to be. We make mistakes to learn more. We learn by making our own mistakes, not by learning from our parents which way is the right way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!...